What is “El Niño?
El Niño is a climate phenomenon that occurs when warm sea surface temperatures in the Pacific Ocean move eastward toward South America, causing changes in global weather patterns. This can lead to droughts in some regions, flooding in others, and impacts on marine life, agriculture, and the economy. El Niño events typically occur every few years, and can last for several months to a few years. Scientists continue to study the complex factors that contribute to El Niño, and its potential impacts on climate change. you can learn more detailed information on “El Niño” here.
How flooding caused by “El Niño” can affect San Diego?
Heavy rainfall can bring the risk of floods and mudslides in the region. Additionally, El Niño can create more powerful and frequent storms, leading to potential damage to infrastructure and homes. However, it is important to note that the exact impact on San Diego can vary depending on the strength and duration of the El Niño event.
Are your communities prepared for an influx of rain? McKowski’s would be happy to help you address any concerns.
The most common problems seen in our industry are:
- Lack of drainage causing flooding. Install new drains and pipes.
- Unsealed windows, cracked stucco and damaged siding are all sources of water intrusion that lead to property damage. McKowski’s can seal and repair as needed.
- Roof area and common area drains not properly working can cause flooding. LA Facility team can service and/or repair drain lines.
- Storm water systems and components such as sump pumps need to be inspected for proper operation and or repairs that may be needed. We can help with that.
- Sealants on foundations and common areas need to be inspected and repaired as needed.
- Skylights and atriums need inspecting to ensure all sealants are intact.
- Redirect flood water by adding sandbags to areas prone to flooding.
- We can also provide bids for possible flood prevention (retaining walls and re-leveling concrete re-pours).
- Install Straw wattle barriers on slopes to help redirect water to drains.
- Clean out drain basins
Learn about the Waterproof Retention Wall Project we did to help our clients be prepared for the rain!
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you keep your property in top condition and save you time and money!